Around the country, FM radio stations have been dropping the Smooth Jazz format -- including stations in New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco (earlier this week), and now Chicago. By doing so, radio stations are abandoning hundreds of thousands of listeners who love Smooth Jazz music as part of their day.
- We've got nine different channels of music, focusing on different styles, instruments, and moods. (And we have more channels coming soon, including a 24/7 channel dedicated to Chicago-based artists!)
- We'll play far fewer commercials: Instead of 8-12 minutes per hour of spots, we'll typically have less than 2 minutes per hour.
- You can customize the artists we play on your stream via the "Artist list" tab.
- You can skip songs you don't like.
- We have comprensive "Now playing" information, including title, artist, album, composer, year of release, and a link to the Amazon page for the CD that's playing.
- Deeper playlists -- thousands of songs instead of just a few hundred.
- A greater emphasis on actual jazz artists (i.e., less "pop adult contemporary").